Some of the most popular nordic dishes and products come from the sea and Scandinavians have their own favourites. Some of those have reached to international recognition; who hasn’t heard of traditional Gravlax?
Fishing is strictly controlled and a sustainable thinking is since long a part of the lifestyle of the professionals in the nordic region. We are proud to work with some of the very best producers and our favourite recipe assembles the tradition and the highest quality you can find in this part of the world.
This is an ideal entree plate for your menu or lunch option. We have paired a duo of outstanding Gravlax and smoked Baltic wild salmon with a shrimp dill-flavoured salad.
Our wild Baltic salmon has been smoked in France through artisan methods. It is prepared from wild salmon fillets, which are trimmed, hand-salted with Camargue bio salt, smoked, and hand-sliced. This pale pink delicacy is a pearl on any plate but especially perfect paired with its Swedish counterpart Gravlax.
The traditional Gravlax marinated salmon comes from selected farms in Norway and is directly after transport processed by one of Swedens leading producers the classic Swedish artisan way, with sugar, salt and dill. Rich in taste and popular, this product has already made it onto menu French restaurant menus.
The creamy shrimp salad with dill is the key ingredient to marry this salmon duo. Made with hand-peeled shrimp, it has a well-rounded slightly tangy taste – due to the horseradish – a delicate flavour of the sea and smooth texture. Serve with toast or blinis and a slice of lemon.
Nordic Deluxe Plate
For the salmon
- 160 g Gravlax
- 160 g smoked wild salmon
- 1 lemon
For the shrimp salad
- 500 g cooked and hand-peeled shrimp
- 1/2 bunch of dill
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt & pepper
- 8 brioche or white bread slices
- Optional: Nordic Caviar
- Chop the peeled shrimp and let them dry on kitchen paper or leave in a sift for 10 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise, grated horseradish, dill (save some dill for garnish) and salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped shrimp to the creamy mixture.
- Fry the bread in butter.
- Serve the shrimp mixture piled on top of the fried bread and garnish with caviar, for a true (luxury) nordic taste, finish with a sprig of dill and a lemon wedge.