This open faced sandwich has many of the classic smørrebrød ingredients with boiled egg, shrimp and dark Danish rye bread or brioche.
Smørrebrød with shrimp, egg and lettuce
- 4 slices rye bread
- 8 salad leaves
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cucumber
- 500 g hand peeled shrimp
- 1 dl sour cream
- 1 dl mayonnaise
- 1 lemon
- 1 sprig dill
- Boil the eggs and let them cool in cold water. Peel and slice.
- Butter the bread slices and place the salad leaves on.
- Slice cucumber and place on the sandwiches.
- Mix the sour cream with mayonnaise and put on the sandwiches then top with shrimp.
- Garnish with lemon and dill.